– Zovirax Duo is a cold sore cream clinically proven to help stop a cold sore progressing to a blister. Its unique dual-active formula combines an anti-inflammatory and an anti-viral agent to help prevent the blister and speed up healing time
– Zovirax Duo is a breakthrough cold sore treatment
– Zovirax Duo Cold Sore Cream has a dual-active, anti-viral + anti-inflammatory formula that can help stop cold sore blisters from emerging. Use to treat the early signs and symptoms (e.g. tingling, itching or redness) of cold sores to reduce the chance of a cold sore progressing to a blister
- Clinically proven to help prevent blisters before they start when applied at the first tingle
- Clinically proven to shorten healing time if cold sore blisters develop
- Speeds up healing time if the blister develops
- Cold sore medicine that combines an antiviral agent (5% aciclovir) with an anti-inflammatory agent (1% hydrocortisone)
- Breakthrough cold sore treatment.
– Usage instruction for Zovirax Cream:
- First sign: Apply at the first sign of a tingle, bump or itch. If you miss the first signs, you can also start to use it at the blister stage
- Keep it clean: Remove any cosmetics before applying Zovirax Cold Sore Cream. Always wash your hands with soap and water before and after treating your cold sore
- Don’t skimp or skip: Apply to the affected area five times a day at approximately 4-hourly intervals for four days. With a cotton swab or your finger, use enough to completely cover the cold sore and surrounding area. Just rub in gently and completely. If you miss a dose, just apply the next time you remember and continue on schedule
- Don’t share: Cold sores are contagious. Don’t share your tube or pump with anybody else
- Make it up: You can apply cosmetics like lipstick over Zovirax Cold Sore Cream after it has completely dried. Always use a separate make-up applicator, like a cotton swab to avoid spreading the infection
- 4 days max: Use Zovirax Cold Sore Cream for no more than 4 days. If your symptoms do not improve after 4 days of treatment with Zovirax Cold Sore Cream, you should tell your doctor
– Zovirax Cream should be applied 5 times per day for 4 days. Therapy should be initiated as early as possible following the onset of signs or symptoms of herpes labialis, i.e. during the prodrome or when lesions appear
– For adolescents 12 years of age and older, the dosage is the same as in adults.
– Do not refrigerate or freeze
– Store below 25°C.
– Do not exceed recommended dose
– Zovirax Duo Cream should only be applied to the affected external aspects of the lips and face in patients with herpes labialis. Because no data are available, application to human mucous membranes is not recommended. Zovirax Duo Cream is intended for cutaneous use only and should not be used in the eye or inside the mouth or nose.