– Zovirax Cold Sore Cream delivers the active ingredient, aciclovir, efficiently and deeply into your skin to fight the virus that causes cold sores. Designed to be simple to use and effective, apply Zovirax Cold Sore Cream at the first tingle to get to the cause of your cold sore. Zovirax Cold Sore Cream is uniquely formulated to maximise penetration, to effectively fight the virus that causes cold sores
– Zovirax Cold Sore Cream contains the antiviral agent, aciclovir 5%, that stops the multiplication of the cold sore virus. Zovirax MAC-P penetrating formula gets to the site of infection to speed healing. Use Zovirax Cold Sore Cream five times a day at approximately four hourly intervals for four days
– Zovirax Cold Sore Cream gets to the site of infection to speed healing. It contains the anti-viral agent, aciclovir 5%, that inhibits the multiplication of the cold sore virus
– Zovirax Cold Sore Cream is available in tube & pump.
– Usage instruction for Zovirax Cream:
- First sign: Apply at the first sign of a tingle, bump or itch. If you miss the first signs, you can also start to use it at the blister stage
- Keep it clean: Remove any cosmetics before applying Zovirax Cold Sore Cream. Always wash your hands with soap and water before and after treating your cold sore
- Don’t skimp or skip: Apply to the affected area five times a day at approximately 4-hourly intervals for four days. With a cotton swab or your finger, use enough to completely cover the cold sore and surrounding area. Just rub in gently and completely. If you miss a dose, just apply the next time you remember and continue on schedule
- Don’t share: Cold sores are contagious. Don’t share your tube or pump with anybody else
- Make it up: You can apply cosmetics like lipstick over Zovirax Cold Sore Cream after it has completely dried. Always use a separate make-up applicator, like a cotton swab to avoid spreading the infection
- 4 days max: Use Zovirax Cold Sore Cream for no more than 4 days. If your symptoms do not improve after 4 days of treatment with Zovirax Cold Sore Cream, you should tell your doctor
– Zovirax Cream should be applied 5 times per day for 4 days. Therapy should be initiated as early as possible following the onset of signs or symptoms of herpes labialis, i.e. during the prodrome or when lesions appear
– For adolescents 12 years of age and older, the dosage is the same as in adults.
– Do not refrigerate or freeze
– Store below 25°C.
– Do not exceed recommended dose
– Zovirax Cream should only be applied to the affected external aspects of the lips and face in patients with herpes labialis. Because no data are available, application to human mucous membranes is not recommended. Zovirax Cream is intended for cutaneous use only and should not be used in the eye or inside the mouth or nose.